Delhi Travel Guide
The city of Delhi has two contrasting faces. The older part of Delhi Called as the Old Delhi is the congested part of Delhi with small lanes, old havelis and is the business centre of the city. It is also the part which has monuments like Jama Masjid, Old Fort. In contrast the relatively newer part, also called as New Delhi presents with wide roads lined with trees, posh markets and malls. It was built by the Bristish architect Edward Lutyens in 1912 as the new capital of the British Raj.
Area: 1,484 sq km
Latitudinal parallel: 28.61oN
Longitudinal meridian: 77.23oE
Altitude: 293 m above sea level
Desirable Clothes: Woollen for winters and light cotton for summers
Rainfall: 714 mm
Monsoon: July to mid-September
Season: Extreme climate with very hot summer and very cold winter
Best time to visit: October to March
STD Code: 011
Languages: Hindi, English, Urdu and Punjabi
Religions: Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism, Christian
Citizens of all countries require a valid passport and an appropriate visa. Visa must be obtained abroad from an Indian Mission.
India does not require immunization against small pox or cholera.
Visitors are generally required to make a verbal identification of their baggage and declare foreign currency in excess of $10,000.
Usually range from 5 to 40 °C (41.0 to 104.0 °F), with the lowest and highest temperatures ever recorded being −6.7 and 45.3 °C (19.9 and 113.5 °F) respectively. The highest temperature recorded in July was 45 °C (113 °F) in 1931. For an update of delhi weather,please visit http://in.weather.com/weather/10day/New+Delhi+India+INXX0096
India's currency unit is the rupee ( ), divided into 100 paisa (p). For the latest exchange rates, please click www.xoxo.com
In India electricity supply is at 220 V, 50 Hz. Round pins (2 or 3) can fit in the power sockets. Adapters are generally available at all hotels.
India is 5.5 hours ahead of GMT, 4.5 hours behind Australian Eastern Time, and 10.5 hours ahead of American Eastern Standard Time.
Delhi boasts of one of the best metros in the world. It is the quickest, cheapest and cleanest mode of travel. For more information on metro route, please click http://www.delhimetrorail.com/route-map.aspx
Delhi Transport Corporation has the World's largest fleet of public transport running on environment friendly clean CNG fuel.
Some of the common cabs services and their contact numbers are
- Delhi Cab: 91-11-44333222
- Easy Cab: 91-11-43434343
- Quick Cabs: 91-11-45333333
- Meru Cabs: 91-11-44224422
- Mega cab: 91-11-41414141
There is a prepaid taxi counter at the international airport also.
They are cheaper than taxis and are popular in Delhi
Emergency Helpline numbers
- 100 Police
- 101 Fire Service
- 102 Ambulance service
Local attractions in Delhi
City Tours: For available packages of city tour via bus/car please visit
Hop In Hop Out Bus service (HOHO ) This is another very unique and interesting way of touring delhi. These are special buses which move alonga fixrd route covering major city attractions with a unique facility to tourists to board and get down at any of the fixed points in any bus. For more details, please visit
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »