Welcome to the Institute of Advanced Dental Implantology! Walk in for Dental Implant…Leave with a smile!!
We specialize in placing, restoring and maintenance of dental implant supported crowns, bridges and implant dentures.
Today the focus of modern dentistry is to preserve a damaged tooth whenever possible, however, tooth loss can still result from injury, periodontal disease or tooth decay. Previously the options available to restore such gaps created by missing teeth were limited to dental crowns and bridges.Thanks to modern day technology, the introduction of Dental Implants has revolutionised the field of dentistry.
Dr Nimit Garg is a sought after implant dentist, with more than 10 years of experience in the field of Implant Dentistry and Esthetic Dentistry. A long term success rate of over 99% speaks for itself, that too in difficult cases involving extensive bone and soft tissue grafting. Our vast experience and unparallel expertise provides all our patients the peace of mind of being in the best hands.
What are Dental Implants?
The implants themselves are tiny titanium posts, which are inserted into the jawbone where teeth are missing. These metal anchors act as tooth root substitutes. They are surgically placed into the jawbone. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth. Small posts are then attached to the implant, which protrude through the gums. These posts provide stable anchors for artificial replacement teeth.
It is available in various sizes (both width and height) for different clinical situations. They can serve as anchors for crowns, bridges, or full and/or partial dentures depending on individual need.
What are the Benefits of Implants?
- Dental Implants may be used to replace one or more missing teeth. In case of completely edentulous patients, implants may be used to fix the dentures to the underlying bone. Alternately, implants may be used to provide fixed teeth to edentulous patients without the use of dentures. Needless to say, an implant offers several advantages over conventional treatment options.
- Implant supported teeth are more comfortable than conventional dentures because there is no slipping or movement, because the implants are
fixed they feel and function like natural teeth. This eliminates some of the key worries of denture wearers and improves self-confidence.
- Dental implants are an alternative to conventional bridgework. They eliminate the need to prepare healthy teeth and do not place additional
loads on the teeth supporting the bridge.
- Root replacement with dental implants is one of the only ways to prevent bone shrinkage after a tooth root is extracted, thereby maintaining the shape and structure of the jaw stable.
Treatment Options with Dental Implants
- The best remedy in situations where there are no posterior teeth or where there are no healthy natural teeth available for fixed bridge support
- Patient can chew better because the bridges are tightly secured.
- Gives better strength and stability than dentures
- Save adjacent teeth. Prevents bone loss and prevents existing teeth from drifting into surrounding space of the missing teeth
- Requires less maintenance than implant supported overdentures.
There is a choice in the type of teeth (crowns) that can be placed- metal, metal ceramic or all ceramic.
Installing Implants with Fixed Bridge
1. Before the procedure
2. Implant Placement: First, the implants are installed. With conventional procedure, implants are left about 2-6 months to integrate with the jawbone before the next step is taken. If immediate loaded implants can be done, a temporary bridge may be placed at the same time.
3. Attaching the bridge to the implants
4. End result: The new bridge will handle all the pressure that your strong, natural back teeth did. You will have a stable and secure solution that allows you to eat what you want.
Implants supported Overdentures
- Conventional Denture is semi-fixed to the underlying bone with implants. So renewed confidence and improved quality of life as well
- It is possible to use existing dentures if they fit well.
- The removable overdentures are securely clipped on top of the implant giving the strength and stability that allows you to better than with conventional dentures
- Normally remains fixed but can be removed by the patient
- Simple and relatively Inexpensive (compared to implant supported bridges)
Installing Full Arch Implants with Overdentures
The course of treatment described here is one of several options available. Consult us to find out what the best solution is for you, given your specific condition.
Dental Implant Procedure
Conventional Dental Implants
Assessment and Planning
- At initial consultation, all possible alternatives are considered and the feasibility of implant treatment is assessed.
- Should you wish to proceed with implant treatment, a full and detailed assessment is done which involve the taking of impressions, x-rays and in some cases CT scans. This completes the diagnostic planning and treatment details including sequence of treatment, costs and possible complications are discussed with the patient.
This is generally a simple procedure that is performed under sterile conditions in a dental surgery using local anesthesia. If required, bone saved from the drilling procedure and some artificial bone may be used augment the contour of the ridge and gum around the implant.
Healing Process - Osseointegration
- The implant is left to integrate with the jaw bone for a period of 2 to 6 months
- The sutures are typically removed seven to fourteen days after surgery
- The patients own denture or in some cases a simple adhesive bridge can be worn during the healing phase.
The Restorative Phase –
- When the gum tissue is ready, a special abutment or metal bar/ball is attached to the implant
- Ifcrowns or bridges are opted, an abutment is placed and this provides the support for the new crown or bridge.
- If overdentures are opted, the metal bar/ball is placed and a clip is used to securely retain the set of newoverdentures
- After impressions are taken, thecrown/bridge or overdenture is made and fixed in place.
- Patients are demonstrated brushing and flossing around the implant
- Patient is scheduled on recall program to monitor the health of gums, implant integrity and bone levels and to perform professional prophylaxis if required
Dental Implants FAQs:
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
- Anyone in reasonable health who wants to replace missing teeth;
- those who are dissatisfied with their current denture; Patients with dental implants don't have to use adhesives to retain their dentures. They can talk and laugh without feeling self-conscious and without fear of their dentures slipping out. All these improvements make people with dentures feel better about themselves increasing their self-confidence while improving their social and business lives
- Age is not a limitation for dental Implant treatment.
- Patients that have had implants placed eat better, eat foods that they have been denied before, are more comfortable when they eat,
Do implants require special maintainence?
Answer: No, dental implants require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental bullet-ups:
Currently the market is flooded with companies marketing dental implants. Barring few and negligible differences almost all have same design and pattern. Choice for a particular product is purely based on user preference and being friendly to a particular product. Common systems available in the market include Alpha bio, Nobel Biocare, Xive, Endopore etc.
What to do in cases where bone volume does not support implants?
Answer: Modern dentistry has gifted us new techniques to augment missing bone. We can increase both the height and width of bone by using bone substitutes called as Bone grafts. We can even use grafting techniques to prevent the loss of bone in circumstances where bone would normally be lost like the extraction of a tooth.
Is dental implants expensive?
Answer: The cost of a dental implant is slightly more than that of a bridge or other traditional tooth replacements options. That way we can help the patient make the best decision for their mouth which is usually an implant. Also Implants can not get cavities or other diseases that natural teeth are susceptible to. This means that it can potentially last forever or much longer then a bridge would. So Implants cut down on replacement cost over time.
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »