Accurate diagnosis has also been an important part of correct treatment planning. In dentistry too, radiology services are been regularly and routinely used to establish a diagnosis of tooth decay, infections in the bone, bone loss as in periodontal diseases or changes in bone density. Infact, it is an inseparable part for any dental setup now.
Both intraoral film placed inside the mouth) and extraoral views are used for diagnosis.
It is one of the most commonly used views. It displays both the tooth and it's supporting structures. Used to determine infection around a tooth and hence the need for a root canal/ extraction.
These are normally used as screening x-rays to determine decay in the areas where 2 posterior teeth join each other and also to see bone level in these areas.
Occlusal view: this view is normally used to determine the extent of any infection, position of any unerupted tooth or presence of stone in salivary gland of the mouth.
Full mouth series
It consists of 18 intraoral X-rays taken of a patients' teeth and adjacent hard tissue:
- four bitewings
- eight posterior periapicals
- six anterior periapicals
Extra oral views of dental concern are OPG, cephalograms and Cone Beam CT(CBCT)
This panoramic view is used for screening purpose or to determine the extent of large lesions not coverable by intraoral views
CBCT(Cone Beam CT)
This is a relatively new entry in the dental radiology arena. It is however a very accurate diagnostic tool in the maxillofacial area. In fact it has now become indispensable for treatment planning in dental implant cases( particularly sinus lifts and CT guided implant surgery), for judging the exact extension of pathology and infection and even for localizing the position of thirds molar with respect to vital structures around. It can even be used to detect an extra root canal or root in a tooth. Truly the diagnostic part in dentistry had been revolutionized by the advent of CBCT.
Used for treatment planning of orthodontic cases
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »