Believe it or not, gum problems are the most common diseases affecting the human population.Most of the people think that teeth are the only element of a beautiful smile. However, the fact is that the size, shape, integrity and health of gum tissue greatly influence the aesthetic appearance of even the most perfect teeth. Too much gum tissue can lead to teeth that look short and wide while too little gum tissue can lead to exposure of root surfaces of teeth that look way too long. We have the state of art facilities for the treatment of various diseases related with gums:-
- Bad Breath Treatment
- Deep Cleaning
- Gums Surgery
- Socket Preservation Therapy
- Full Mouth Scaling & Polishing
- Laser Gum Depigmentation
- Mobile Teeth Solution with Splinting
Reasons of PERIODONTITIS or PYORRHOEA
Periodontics is an area of expertise that deals with treatment of the gum and bone supporting the teeth. In health, the gums firmly grip the neck of the tooth. If food is allowed to accumulate between the tooth and the gum margin, it forms plaque along with the microbes. The resultant irritation of the gum margins produces a condition called as GINGIVITIS characterized by redness, bleeding and swelling of the gums. If proper attention is paid at this stage the condition is perfectly reversible. However in untreated cases the condition further deteriorates leading to the destruction of the tooth-supporting tissues. The condition is then called PERIODONTITIS or PYORRHOEA. At this stage the teeth start shaking, they are unable to withstand chewing forces, pus forms in the gums and foul smell starts from the mouth.
Treatment of PERIODONTITIS or PYORRHOEA
- Non-surgical treatment involves scaling and polishing of teeth. The procedure aims to remove food particles, plaque and calculus accumulating around the tooth. The effectiveness of the procedure depends largely on the stage of the disease, the efficiency of instrumentation and the maintenance on the part of the patient.
No matter how good we are at brushing, we cannot achieve 100% efficiency in cleaning. So, small depositions continue to occur on a daily basis. For long term maintenance of teeth, it is therefore advisable to go in for a professional cleaning once in six months even if you do not have an evident gum problem.
- The Surgical approach to treatment is usually recommended for resistant cases where complete removal of the irritants from root surface of the tooth is not possible by scaling alone due to the deep penetration of the deposits. The procedure also called as flap surgery or flap operation involves reflection of the gums by 1-1 1/2 mm and debriding the area under local anesthesia with direct visualization of the deposits. The procedure is completely painless and involves minimum post-operative pain or discomfort.
In certain cases however it is possible to regrow the lost bone by use of certain bone substitutes called Bone grafts. Such cases provide the ideal outcome of therapy by regenerating the lost tissues.
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »