Mobile Teeth Solution with Splinting
Splinting refers to "the joining of two or more teeth into a rigid unit."
Objective of splinting: to create an environment where tooth movement can be limited within physiologic limits to restore function and patient comfort. However, the mere presence of tooth mobility does not justify the need to splint teeth. Splinting is best viewed as a preventive treatment measure for teeth that have minimal or no bone loss, yet are clinically mobile. Therefore before treatment is started, the cause of any mobility must be identified. Extraction is an appropriate treatment for extremely mobile teeth.
Types of splints:
Depending on the intended goal of therapy, Splints may be classified as provisional and definitive.
Provisional or Temporary splints may be worn for less than 6 months and may not be followed by additional splint therapy. They provide an insight into whether or not stabilization of the teeth provides any benefit before any irreversible definitive treatment is even initiated.
These splints typically are fabricated using thin stainless steel wires, and tooth colored composite resin restorative materials. The splint can also be reinforced in several ways using one of the following materials: ligature wire, glass fiber, or a polyethylene fiber reinforced polymer( Ribbond Fiber).
When anterior teeth require splinting, tooth colored restorative resin reinforced with polyethylene fiber is the material of choice.
Definitive or Permanent splints maintain long term stability of the dentition. Definitive splints are placed only after stability has been achieved in order to increase functional stability, and improve esthetics on a long-term basis. Such treatment includes conventional fixed prostheses (Dental Bridges) because they provide definitive rigidity and are better able to control and direct occlusal forces than removable splints.
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »