The extraction of teeth is a minor surgical procedure. While the great majority of extractions can be safely and painlessly carried out in the dental office, some patients require hospitalization because of some medical problem.
With the advent of modern restorative techniques, a majority of teeth which were earlier advised for extractions, can now be easily saved. However, in certain situations extractions are the only solution, asl.
- teeth that are decayed beyond restoration
- in cases where the excessive bone support of the tooth is destroyed.
- extra tooth
- retained milk tooth
- fractured tooth
- malposed tooth which cannot be aligned by orthodontic treatment.
- impacted and unerupted tooth
- extraction of premolars for orthodontic treatment (Braces)
Impacted Wisdom Tooth
Wisdom teeth usually emerge from the gum (erupt) between the ages of 17 and 24. They are the last of the molar teeth. Some people never develop wisdom teeth, others have up to four - one in each corner of the mouth.
Wisdom teeth often cause no problems. They are described as impacted when there is not enough space for them at the back of the mouth. In such a case it might erupt towards the cheek or it might impinge on the second molar. Impacted wisdom teeth can cause pain, swelling, infection or damage to the teeth next to them. If the gum around the wisdom tooth is swollen the jaw may become stiff and sore. Infection at the back of the mouth can cause bad breath and a bad taste. The surgical removal (extraction) of one or more wisdom teeth can relieve these problems. People who have impacted wisdom teeth that are not causing problems do not need to have them removed.
Having wisdom teeth removed is often the only way to permanently relieve painful symptoms. Although antibiotics can provide temporary relief, the symptoms tend to flare up again in the future.
The removal of such impacted wisdom tooth has to be accomplished surgically. A flap is reflected to completely expose the tooth. Some amount of bone cutting may be required to facilitate easy removal. After the tooth is extracted the flaps are put in place and sutured. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and is associated with minimal pain and discomfort.
In some cases, where a wisdom tooth is causing pain because it is pressing into the surrounding gum, removal may not be necessary - an operation to cut back the gum may be all that is needed. However, this alternative is not suitable for everyone.
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »