Veneers and Laminates
Veneers and laminates are another conservative approach to enhancing the look of your teeth. They are a thin shell made of porcelain or composite resin that is cemented to the front surface of the tooth. Like bonding, veneers are used to cover up discoloration, cracks and chipping, and to change the shape or size of your teeth. However, porcelain veneers outperform bonding with greater resilience and a greater resistance to stains and dulling. Also, they tend to look more natural than a bonded tooth.
Indications treatable by Veneers include
- stained/ defective restorations
- gap between front teeth
- fracture lines
- wearing of teeth
- discolored teeth
- malformed teeth
- gum recession exposing the roots
- Erosion/ abrasion of teeth
- in case of children teeth (with large pulp)
Comparison of veneer systems
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resins (same as used for tooth -colored fillings) can be used in a direct chair side technique to form a veneer. Advantages of these direct composite veneers are:
- Only one appointment is required
- cost to the patient is less
- composite resin veneers are reparable
- color and form can be controlled by the dentist
These veneers promise" the highest esthetic potential to date for restoration of anterior tooth defects." Porcelain is the optimum material for its color stability, esthetics, wear resistance and tissue compatibility. But unlike composite resin veneers these are constructed in labs from dies made from patient's impression. Porcelain veneers
- Frequently do not require anesthetic and are less stressful to the patient.
- does not usually cause sensitivity
- maintains natural contacts between teeth
- eliminates display of metal at the gum margin
- does not usually require temporization
But these veneers are expensive. These are extremely difficult to repair if fractured and the technique involved in placement of veneers is extremely delicate. Some commonly used veneer system are the PROCERA and IPS Empress.
Ultra Thin Veneers
They represent one of the greatest advances in cosmetic dentistry. They are ultra thin veneers (as thin as contact lenses). They utilize ultra-modern state-of –the-art technology to create extremely strong, durable, thin veneer from porcelain. They are placed on the existing tooth structure so that means in most cases there is no drilling of extremely sensitive tooth enamel is required unlike traditional veneers.No injections! No pain! No Drilling! No temporaries!
With Thineers you can
- Whiten teeth Permanently
- Re-shape Teeth
- Straighten Teeth
- Repair Chipped and Stained Teeth
- Place over existing Crown or Bridge work without having to replace them.
- Close gaps and spaces in between teeth
In cases where orthodontic problems are not very severe, THINEERS ULTRA THIN VENEERS™ will change the alignment and shape of your teeth, making them look whiter, straighter and more uniform.Moreover, this type of restoration has been proven to last for up to 20 years with proper maintenance and care. This would include your regular Dental Check-up and Cleaning.
- After years of hiding my smile behind my hand, I can now smile with confidence!! Thank you Dr. Garg for giving me a bright new smile. I love my porcelain veneers- they look and feel so natural. Thanks so much.
- Today I am extra cautious about brushing and flossing daily because I am proud of my teeth and I want them to stay looking good. It's also the best way I can think of to show my respect for Dr. Garg's work.
- Perfection is Dr. Garg's goal and he achieves it. I admire, respect and appreciate that. My experience at Dr. Garg's Dental centre has been excellent. They are the best dentist I have ever come across.
- My smile is a testimonial of Dr. Garg's artistry, workmanship and commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Garg provided us with outstanding and professional dental care. Be it routine or advanced dentistry, His attention to detail is exemplary. I appreciate Dr. Garg and his friendly knowledgeable staff, and thank him for my new smile
- After years of being dissatisfied with my smile, I did a little research and chose Dr. Garg to help me. I am so pleased with the results that I would recommend him to any body.
- My experience with Dr. Garg was amazing. I was extremely nervous but Dr.Garg and his staff made me comfortable. I wouldn't trust my smile to any other dentist.
- I am very pleased with how natural my teeth look and I smile with confidence. It really feels great with the compliments I receive.
- What a difference you have made in my life? That's how I can summarize Dr. Garg's contribution. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best of luck.
- I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Garg. They really go the extra mile to provide a comfortable and pleasant experience. Dr. Garg uses the latest technology and is uncompromising in his desire to get the best results. I highly recommend them.
- Today I have nine teeth in my mouth that are naturally replaced by implants. I feel more attractive, improving my speech, greater comfort and greater ability to chew food naturally.
- Going to the dentist had always been scary for me. Thanks to Dr. Garg and his team _ I now look forward to my dental appointments. I would recommend them to everybody I know. Keep up the good work!!
- Dr. Garg is kind, caring and compassionate. He is very gentle and explains everything that he is doing. This makes you feel like he cares about you and wants you to feel comfortable. He is is the best dentist I've ever had.
Smile Gallery »